In Kind Donations for Puja:
Any of the following puja ingredients can be mailed directly to the temple, along with a note providing the names of your family members, to this address:
Bhakti Vedanta Trust,
Panchamukha Anjaneyar Temple,
28 Erikarai Street,
Chennai – 600113
1) ghee for homa (must be edible grade ghee)
2) whole coconut in shell for homa
3) powdered jaggery for homa
4) karpuram (camphor) for homa and arati
5) sambrani (frank incense) for homa
6) misri (rock sugar, kalkandu) for homa
7) honey for homa (packed properly so it will not break or leak)
8) navadhanya grains for putting in the homa
9) deepam oil for the hanging lamps (any oil, but mostly we are using sunflower oil, around 90 litres per month).
10) incense sticks for arati and general worship
11) manjal (turmeric, haldi) for Hanuman’s tilak
12) dried fruits and nuts for naivedyam
Sponsoring Sri Panchamukha Hanuman Akhanda Homa:
For 30 days, the devotees of the Ashram will daily perform a fire sacrifice to Sri Panchamukha Hanuman for the blessings of yourself and your family.
Worship of Panchamukha Hanuman includes worship of Narasimha (for protection from ghosts and spirits), Garuda (for removal of poison and curing disease), Hayagriva (for acquiring knowledge, influencing others and increasing fame), Varaha (for improvement of wealth and prosperity) and Hanuman (for destruction of enemies).
The homa will be conducted in the ashram’s Akhanda Dhuni, the continuously burning sacred fire, in the garbhagriha of Sri Panchamukha Hanuman. Holy ashes from the homa will be sent to you as prasadam. The sponsorship cost of $111 is the cost of the ghee involved in the homa for one month. Each day half a kilo of ghee is required, at a cost of $7.00 per kilo.
[You may specify the month you would like the homa performed and in whose name. Any questions, please call us or WhatsApp us at (+91) 8300181008.]
Sponsoring New Flags for Sri Panchamukha Hanuman Temple:
If you would like to donate a new set of flags for the Panchamukha Hanuman temple, you can do so with the following donation sponsorship. There are a total of 11 flags (3 large flags and 8 smaller flags) on the temple domes. For Rs. 1,600 (around $25 USD) we will have a tailor stitch a new set of flags (all 11 flags) and place them on the temple on the day of your choice. The flags usually last for around 3 months before they become too worn and need to be changed.
Since it takes us time to have the flags made, please book this at least 30 days in advance if possible. Please call or send a WhatsApp message to let us know the date you would like the flags tied and the names of your family members – (+91) 8300181008.